Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

HarpGamer

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

donaldseadog

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by donaldseadog

    • 21 downloads
    • Version 1.0.0
    Scenario Background: On 24 and 25 August 1958 Chinese Communist (PRC) forces and Taiwanese (ROC) forces clashed in the vicinity of Dongding Island, which the Nationalist (ROC) troops controlled. The action was seen as an attempt by the communists to land on the island. This was the only naval and amphibious landing action during the crisis. ROC had begun to build military installations on the island of Kinmen (Quemoy) and the Matsu archipelago, very close to the Chinese mainland. The PRC shelled the islands of Kinmen (Quemoy) and the Matsu Islands in an attempt to take them from Taiwan, governed by the Kuomintang (KMT), and to probe the extent of American commitment to defend the Republic of China. The conflict also involved air, naval, and amphibious operations. Then U.S. secretary of state Christian Herter reportedly described it as the "first serious nuclear crisis". The USA provided military assistance in both material, especially aircraft and artillery, and a strong naval presence including naval escorts for island repleshments. The Communist Chinese government announced a unilateral ceasefire on 6 October 1958. However, on 20 October the PLA resumed artillery fire on Kinmen because a U.S. Navy warship had breached the PRC-declared 3 nautical miles exclusive zone from the coast of China that they claimed was a stipulation for their unilateral ceasefire agreement. In this scenario we play with the idea of the situation escalating, rather than subsiding. Use Database HCCW 140314 and for best play Game version 2025.023 or newer and ErrataGE.dll (download from harpgamer.com forum).
  1. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2025-04-08/why-new-zealand-plans-to-nearly-double-its-defence-spending/105151326?utm_source=abc_news_app&utm_medium=content_shared&utm_campaign=abc_news_app&utm_content=other
  2. this is the final offering but while it seems OK it's definitely a use at own risk job. It's OK to leave in place if playing from the original battleset series and probably any battleset, but maybe not. Anyway it was a good exercise and brought up a bit of a behind curtains issue to be looked at so thanks. ErrataBS2.zip
  3. From the australian ABC news service. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2025-08-05/australia-japan-navy-frigates/105613688?utm_source=abc_news_app&utm_medium=content_shared&utm_campaign=abc_news_app&utm_content=other
  4. Good that BAKU is fine. The fix for NACV needs more fiddling and testing to provide a test so that it will only be applied to appropriate battlesets and the best idea I have isn't very rigorous and could fail (although it's not likely). Anyway I might fiddle more with it in case it is needed in the future but for the moment you need to remember to disable that DLL (move it or rename the file type) when playing other Battlesets.
  5. That looks like the optimal fix to me Does it launch SA-N9s from SA-N9 launchers ? Well not the Badger but Baku
  6. Oh BOy, this is a learning curve for me The attached seems to work in BS2 for the BadgerJ jammer, I kind of know why my previous didn't. The only issue at the moment until I learn a new way of determining the battleset that is loaded is that if you use it for any other battleset but NACV original it will screw up something (depending on the DB) and maybe crash the game - a minor issue NOTE: It will only work in late beta versions of the game engine including the 2025 comprehensive update. These allow use of a feature that loads the DB changes before the scenario is loaded and allows the new radar/ECM gear to operate - at least that is my theory seemingly proven here. But I've nothing better to do and have a lead so who knows, we might catch a fish yet. PS although I haven't tested it if you run this in the folder ExportDLL it should also make the changes in the SE as well as the GE, but there's not much point so run it in the ExportDLL\GE folder (you might have to create it if you haven't already. ErrataBS2.zip
  7. I don't know why there might be some problem with red jammers, the modified BadgerJ have the same jammer as the blue, i even tried a version with 3 jammers per aircraft. It's not as easy a problem as it first appeared. I'll shift to a later export.dll version that will let us have operable radar for the IOPG badgerJ. This will mean needing to play with ideally the 2025 comprehensive update game. Then we can see if it's jammer works. It might be easier to rewrite the scenario in a 'modern' battleset with hcdb DB 😄🥴
  8. this is real cat and mouse. I thought I'd try the IOPG BadgerJ, looked for a scenario with it in, gave up and wrote one, then found it has no radar which has to be activated to get the jammer going I'll write a test in NACV with the blue side having a badgerJ and see if it does any good ed LOL it looks like you can't man blue bases with Russian AC
  9. I'll try looking at GIUK origninal Badger J
  10. That's a great start for me to try and refine the bandaid.
  11. Maybe if the blue side has some jammers run them to see if there's an obvious result. I'll have this sitting about for a bit so can play withit. I'll peak at the other matters you mention in GIUK and look at expanding the BSs and correction items.
  12. I used the ALQ 99 from raven etc, just one. I think the ALQ 131 isn't an offensive jammer but purely defensive same as the Mig 19 pod. They have a range of 'horizon' while the ALQ 99 has a distance range, from memory that is the indication of the two different actions. anyway give this one a spin (only working in NACV original) and see if they work, I did a quick test but didn't seem to see any indicatin of effected enemy radar (there should be the little lightning bolt ) I just got shot down ErrataBS2.zip
  13. I found a russian ECM pod from mig 29, I've added three of them as a test. I might use a 'Blue' jammer or if I feel enthused I'll look at the later DB to see the characteristics of the Russian jammers and make a new one. ErrataBS2.zip
  14. I'll look at the Badger while I'm at it, hopefully a suitable jammer will be obvious to my untrained eyes
  15. That's great, I'm about to post up a fixit.dll that will only make changes to Battleset 2, that is the original NACV. In theory any ship that had that mount would have had the wrong weapons. I'm only tested that it works and in last matrix patch 2022.27 GE, anything later should work too. I haven't tested if it stuffs up anything Maybe I can bung it up here and yo can do the testing? Put it in you ExportDLL folder and see what happens ErrataBS2.zip
  16. So this only applies to battleset #2 NACV-Original?
  17. I have the necessary core code sitting somewhere, it would ideally need a filter to act only on the correct DB otherwise the user would need to switch it in and out according to their current scenario db needs. I might look for it tonight. In the long term the, lets call it ErrataDBxxx.dll, file would include other corrections to the same database xxx if needed. A separate UpdateDB.dll would be possible to have an effective updated DB with antiquated platforms replaced with new.
  18. PS, the 'Capture' feature has a better algorithm for calculating success, and I'm now looking at a repair system so once you've punished a base and captured it you can get it back to operating 100%. The long term goal is to be able to run a long term strategic scenario including expansion of territory and ammunition logistics.
  19. This state of affairs needs working on, get a doctor to prescribe three hours of pure game play per week.
  20. I'm wondering those who are regularly using HC which Game Engine version you normally use, eg 2022.027 last matrix patch, 2025 comprehensive update or something in between. Also, are you occasionally having aircraft fall from the sky having run out of fuel? I'm trying to find when this started, I'm thinking shortly after 2022.027. We have a bandaid fix for recent versions that seems to be working but in ge 2022.008 I recently seem to have found a new version of the bug that is immune to the bandaid solution.
  21. I don't think we can afford USA beef, too dear, that's why we can sell ours to them.
  22. I tried to use 2025.019 with out doing a full back date of my install, but it wouldn't run which surprised me. You could apply the latest comprehensive 2025.024 update, ? That should be worthwhile. PS there is a niggly bug that causes air patrol ac to run dry and crash, I noticed you had some erroneous air patrols in your game so installing the erratage.dll tool in the comprehensive update should fix that. Were you getting occassional ac crashing from running out of fuel?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.