#1 TonyE

TonyE

Advanced Member

• Staff Pukes
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:01 PM

Posted Image

It is that time again; time for Pooner voting. This year we induct an individual Pooner but no lifetime Pooner.

See past winners at http://www.harpoonpa.../pooner2008.htm

Vote by replying to this topic and stating your vote. Please only vote at one forum.

What is a Pooner?

A person who gives of their time, talents, and riches to the Harpoon community.

An award given yearly to recognize the efforts of the above.

The yearly Pooner award recognizes extraordinary effort often within (but not restricted
to) a single 12 month period.

Rules

You may only vote once.

Only votes for individuals will be counted, no groups.

You may not vote for past winners or Tony Eischens

I'll tally the votes the first week of January and declare a victor.

Places where votes are accepted

Here at HarpGamer
HULL mailing list
Matrix Games Harpoon forums
SubSim Classic Subsims forum
GameSquad or whatever it is called this week Harpoon forum

#2 CV32

CV32

Administrator

• Staff Pukes
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:13 AM

Time certainly flies ... especially when you're still having fun after all these years enjoying the game you love. B)

This year I'd like to nominate Mark Gellis for the Pooner 2009 award.

Mark is a stalwart of the Harpoon community. He's been around for about as long as I can remember. You won't find him jostling for the limelight, or hanging out on the forums or mailing lists to any great degree, and you certainly won't find him neck deep in any debate.

What you will find, however, is a steady supply of scenarios, assembled with skill and passed along to the community for the rest of us to enjoy. It won't take you much effort to find that Mark has been creating and sharing Harpoon scenarios since the 1990s and still does so to this day.

This, imho, is a hallmark of what makes a Pooner. As I have said many times (ad nauseum, perhaps), scenarios are the lifeblood of Harpoon. Mark certainly does his part to keep Harpoon alive, and he does it very well.

I'd encourage you to consider Mark Gellis for the Pooner 2009 award. Its long overdue.

#3 Silent Hunter UK

Silent Hunter UK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:24 PM

I'd like to nominate Brad Leyte for the 2009 Pooner Award. His running of this site helps keep the game strong- and he's a very good player too.

#4 CV32

CV32

Administrator

• Staff Pukes
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:42 PM

I'd like to nominate Brad Leyte for the 2009 Pooner Award. His running of this site helps keep the game strong- and he's a very good player too.

I appreciate the kudos, SHUK, thanks. However, the community was gracious enough to grant me the honor back in 2005.

You'll have to find someone else among the ranks of the greatest game ever made. :D

#5 donaldseadog

donaldseadog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:32 AM

Time certainly flies ... especially when you're still having fun after all these years enjoying the game you love. B)

Mark is a stalwart of the Harpoon community. He's been around for about as long as I can remember. You won't find him jostling for the limelight, or hanging out on the forums or mailing lists to any great degree, and you certainly won't find him neck deep in any debate.

What you will find, however, is a steady supply of scenarios, assembled with skill and passed along to the community for the rest of us to enjoy. It won't take you much effort to find that Mark has been creating and sharing Harpoon scenarios since the 1990s and still does so to this day.

This, imho, is a hallmark of what makes a Pooner. As I have said many times (ad nauseum, perhaps), scenarios are the lifeblood of Harpoon. Mark certainly does his part to keep Harpoon alive, and he does it very well.

I'd encourage you to consider Mark Gellis for the Pooner 2009 award. Its long overdue.

I like the logic, but went searching for scenarios by Mark and couldn't find any. (My lack of insight I suspect) Where best to look (I only looked here at harpgamer and searched on gellis).
Don Thomas

#6 wombat1417

wombat1417

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:50 AM

Mark's name pops up often as the orignal author of the scenarios I've been rehabing.

#7 TonyE

TonyE

Advanced Member

• Staff Pukes
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:42 AM

I like the logic, but went searching for scenarios by Mark and couldn't find any. (My lack of insight I suspect) Where best to look (I only looked here at harpgamer and searched on gellis).
Don Thomas

You can search HG for mgellis to get you started. It can be difficult translating names into nicknames on the various fora and places. I think he has some older nicknames I can't recall at present as well.

#8 CV32

CV32

Administrator

• Staff Pukes
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:44 AM

Mark's username here at HG is 'mgellis'. Several of his scenarios were uploaded by me, so I'm noted as the submitter while Mark is noted as the author. Also, as Larry as pointed out, Mark is the author of many others.

#9 Silent Hunter UK

Silent Hunter UK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:24 PM

I'd like to nominate Bill Jennings for "The War in 2012".

#10 TonyE

TonyE

Advanced Member

• Staff Pukes
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:17 PM

Barely over 24 hours left to vote for the 2009 Pooner, please submit your votes ASAP!

#11 TonyE

TonyE

Advanced Member

• Staff Pukes
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:38 PM

Posted Image
Congratulations to the 2009 Pooner Russell Sharp!
Thank you to everyone who voted.

Posted Image

#12 CV32

CV32

Administrator

• Staff Pukes
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:43 PM

Congratulations, Russell. Well deserved! B)

#13 Silent Hunter UK

Silent Hunter UK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:39 PM

Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users