2. An ability to land helicopters anywhere on land eg to wait for a refuelling craft.
3. resupply land and sea units with eg truck convoy, unrep ships.
5. Completed intercept box include 'orders' option.
(I think that was the case in the old DOS game)
6. 'Attack' have an option to approach and concentrate attack on specific unit(s).
7. Set max time on station for patrols.
8. when dispatching a patrol have the speed and sensor setting boxes come up for setting same at the patrol point.
So eg can use P3s as anti-ship patrols.
10. When selecting aircraft units in the air intercept window I'd like to see their current armament, I hate sending off guys who are on their way home having used up all useful ammo (and I'm sure they hate me worse!).
11. When using the launcher for testing game engine there is an option for iteratvie (not overwriting) saves of the game at regular intervals. My wish is that the saves can be done at user control by a keybooard shortcut. It would be nice to be able to define the folder and saved game file name.
12. When the 'auto play' option is used in command line (for testing) both sides long distance attacks be launched, and perhaps the 'ctrl-alt-S' switch be activated.
13. For normal game play, the location of the group and unit window centres remain where they are when changing magnification and optionally when changing selected unit/group.
14. I want a way of having a custom database that is based on a standard DB, say HCDB, but being able to update the custom when the standard is updated, does that make sense? So either a copy and paste of records (and their related records) from one DB to another, or perhaps a GE that can reference a main DB and a secondary DB (the main having precedance for duplications[how to determine a duplication?] or merging data bases [how does it deal with duplications?] or enough time to just redo my custom when ever a new standard DB comes out.
15. tanker loadouts in aircraft to have duplicate loadouts. you can run an air group with two or more tanker units (NOT two or more tanker planes in a unit) and get the respective number of refuels. To do this from a launch command you need tankers that are either different planes or different loadouts, other wise you to launch, split the group then rejoin which is beyond the AI so 'the enemy' never has this ability but the player has (how unfair is war!).
1a. I'd like to be able to ally with green (neutral) countries, either by some form of diplomacy (no idea how that would work) or by force eg taking out primary bases. AI also can do this.
1b. When the assistant comes up to advise a new contact, I'd like to see the new contact on the unit and group windows (behind the assistant window) before dismissing the assistant.
2. I'd like to be able to set a group to "shadow" an enemy group.
3. In scenario editor, when editing a group I'd like to see the % prob. of the units. Also when editing group events (eg launch aircraft) I'd like to see the details for repeat launches.
4. When instigating an air intercept from the new contact window I'd like to be able to somewhere override the current speed of each group chosen for intercept. I'd also like to be able to both come back to 1:1 time compression and fill in the intercept option.
5. When assistant advises a new contact, have the option of selecting your group that made the contact.
6. Air intercepts, be able to select for intercept a group (or unit) that already has an assigned target. They are sometimes to close for comfort to the new contact and I'd like to either/both fire something at them or get out quick.
7. When intercepting (generally from the new contact advice window) and selecting a unit form a multi unit group, I'd like the option of splitting the unit from the group - eg fighters escorting bombers.
8. anything that reduces any type of micro management- I love this game for it's stategy realism, it makes me the Admiral (yehhh!!!) Running an air to air attack or short range bombing run, navigating ships through narrow straights etc can be left to some lowly dog captain, I want the big stuff. (hope I didn't step on any captain's toes, I haven't done that for 30 years but I still remember they yelp pretty loud).
9. Separate zoom buttons for group and unit windows. (maybe shift Z and shift X for unit window) I get tired of tabbing from one to the other to change zoom setting.
10. In staff options (or somewhere) toggle the bingo warning from on to auto return to base. (maybe for each group in perhaps course editor).
11. When a new contact is reported an option to select your detecting group and option to come to real time if intercept option is taken.
13. Planes ask to return to base or (better) course editor after completing attack (instead of loiter)
14. ship's officer of watch pencil in location of stationary items like mines (when they are detected) so that you don't blunder into them just because you lost contact. Even if they go yellow in a small trapazoid that would be OK.
15. (maybe) A real time limit switch so that I get to bed tonight instead of tomorrow morning
15. An "evasive" feature available to the AI (switched by the scenario writer) that can be applied to groups so eg surface groups don't go running aground chasing enemy and poorly armed groups don't attempt Kamikaze runs.
16. Download files in scenario section showing the respective database in the browsing section so as to easily find eg HCWW database scenarios.
17. A switch to send aircraft back to base after an initial weapon launch, the switch available to player at launch of attack and to AI via the scenario editor at aircraft launch.
18. Stealth generic bases, ie small bases that aren't automatically known to the player (or AI) at game start. A bit like a FARP but able to handle small planes or maybe just STOL planes.
19. Ability for in air refuelable planes to "land" on an in flight tanker including one in formation about a base.
20. Planes able to go in formation patrol about settable 'points'. Useful for any surveillance patrol especially ASW.
21. Within (the new 32 bit) scenario editor, an ability to ferry aircraft via a way point. Also an ability to ferry from a neutral base to either a red or blue base. The aircraft then becoming 'property' of that side. Thus a neutral country could supply aircraft to one side in their support while still claiming neutrality. A similar thing with neutral ships/ subs with an ability to 'join' a red or blue base at the end of a cruise.
22. completely ditch Scenario editor and have the GE be able to save scenarios (with probability of unit/group occurrence etc ) so can write a scenario that has planes in the air, complex course for patrol planes etc. (Now there's a BIG wish biggrin.gif )
23.When you change battleset from within the game (eg ctrl N, file/newgame) you can go to other folders to select the battleset file but need a database (RSR and RES files) in that folder. I wish that a shortcut to the database files was sufficient.
grey out (make not selectable) the very low altitude button in the speed setting window for aircraft that crash when flown very low.
25. Logging for ESM.
26. AI can split off a unit(s) from a group to execute a defensive action. EG a long range air strike with fighter escorts could peel off some of the escorts to intercept a threat, or a slow surface group with say an oiler could peel of a couple of fast destroyers for same purpose. I guess the planes RTB after intercept but I don't know how to handle the ships unless they return to parent group and rejoin.