HCE - 2009.020
- Chg:0000 GE Upon scenario load, the raw event side is no longer checked
for MESSAGE_EVENT events
which was resulting in staff message events being ignored.
In sum, this should now allow the Red side to see staff
messages from the scenario file.
- Chg:0000 GE Here is a bit more explanation on the behavior of the
Staff Messages as entered by the scenario designer.
* Message length should not exceed 63 characters
* If you have a group selected when you enter the Staff
Message, that group will be referenced by the message
when viewed in the GE. What that means is you could
enter a message for the Blue side with a Red submarine
selected. When the Blue player receives that message
in the game, the Show or Select buttons of the dialog
will show the position of the Red sub, even if it
hasn't been detected. That could be useful but is
also a caution to be cognizant that the message stores
the selected group, if any.
HCE - 2009.019
- Chg:0000 GE Extended demo timeout until March 15, 2010.
- Chg:0000 GE Added marketing glitz and links to the Demo.
- Chg:0000 GE Delayed dllexInitDLLs until after DoIntroScreen so that if
a DLL establishes a window, it won't cancel the intro screen
- Chg:0000 GE Changed the window handle passed to DLLs from hwndFullScreen
to hwndMDIClient to allow more proper parentage.
HCE - 2009.018
- Chg:0000 GE Made a new critical hit distribution table for mobile land
units. In other words, you should no longer see land units
- Chg:B084 GE ASW helicopters want to (errantly)close after firing last torpedo.
The fix isn't ideal but it does address the issue. Now after
that last torpedo is fired there is no prompt. If the player
cancels the attack, the prompt will appear since the game
thinks the target is actually North another 8nm.
(thanks ReoTeo) http://harpgamer.com...a...&showbug=84
- Chg:B100 GE Planes missing from Divide Group command. The CombatFlags
value should have been reset when the landing command was
given but it was not being reset. In 2009.018 it is being
reset so the group doesn't get confused. (thanks Herman) http://harpgamer.com...amp;showbug=100
- Chg:0000 SE Enabled time editing dialog for staff notes so that they can
be shown to the player after the specified elapsed time. Also
added the side chooser dialog when in the SE to dictate which
side will see the message.
HCE - 2009.017
- Chg:0000 GE Fixed the Speed/Altitude event processor to do what I mean in
2009.016, not what I coded (Tony). Planes in the group should
now all end up at the proper altitudes and speeds after
take-off and at waypoints.
- Chg:0000 GE Remember that force 1:1 time hotkey addition in 2009.016? Well,
it is now the L key, not \.
- Chg:0000 GE Subs that surface due to damage will now split off into a new
group so that they can be told what to do. In debug builds
a message like the following will be shown for enemy and
neutral subs when the damage is applied...
"Unit %s(%s) is surfacing due to damage."
Friendly subs in all builds have a line in the Message Log...
"Friendly Unit %s(%s) is surfacing due to damage."
- Chg:B070 GE Guns on planes in formation will no longer cause the GE to
crash with a GetAnnex error when attempting to fire at
targets. (thanks Herman) http://harpgamer.com...a...&showbug=70
- Chg:0000 GE Further efforts to keep subs surfaced due to damage or
damage + flooding on the surface. Player should no longer
be able to submerge such subs, even if joined to another
undamaged sub group.
HCE - 2009.016
- Chg:0000 GE Added the ability to stop the game clock without the pause
dialog and without minimizing the game. The new methods are
the Ctrl-Alt-p hotkey (pause without dialog) and pressing
the - key from 1 sec time compression. The pause is indicated
by 0 sec listed in the time compression box.
This does not mean a player should issue orders while paused
since planes may not be marked as in use, weapons may not be
marked as launched, etc. until the next game second elapses.
- Chg:0000 GE Added additional hotkeys for 1:1 time compression. The existing
hotkey is Return/Enter, the new hotkey is the \ | key. The
new hotkey may need to change to accomodate non-US keyboard
- Chg:0000 GE Stopped hogging the entire CPU core worth of processing power
when the game is minimized.
- Chg:0000 GE The Speed/Altitude event processor (internal to the game)
now can apply the event to a single unit if the unit was
fed in as part of the event. This should mean only the
damaged sub in a multi-sub group will surface when damage
HCE - 2009.015
- Chg:0000 GE Answering yes to RTB ASW bird out of weapons message will now
RTB, answering no will leave it on station. (thanks Wombat) http://harpgamer.com...?showtopic=2495
- Chg:B073 SE When adding more than two variable start points, don't crash.
Note the often incorrect highlighting of the selected start
point still exists, fixing it is proving most challenging.
(thanks Ralf, and many others) http://harpgamer.com...a...&showbug=73
- Chg:0000 SE Improve the logic for enabling and disabling the Delete Unit button
when editing a group. The designer should not be able to delete
an installation, not the last ship/sub/land unit in the group. http://harpgamer.com...?showtopic=3431
HCE - 2009.014
- Chg:0000 GE Fixed game crash in certain circumstances when some planes out
of a group are shot down, but not the whole group. (thanks Brad)
HCE - 2009.013
- Chg:B095 GE Don't ask player where to land enemy tankers who have just split
from the refueled planes. (thanks Brad) http://harpgamer.com...a...&showbug=95
HCE - 2009.012
- Chg:B094 GE More work on the aircraft Speed/Altitude dialog. It is now
driven by the typed in speed. If you type in a speed faster
than Cruise with Cruise selected and click OK, the throttle
setting will be kicked up to Military (or AB if appropriate)
if the aircraft has such a speed available. If not, the
speed is dropped down to the fastest available at that
altitude. It will also bump up any speed less than loiter.
(thanks Brad) http://harpgamer.com...a...&showbug=94
also re-verified that the below is still fixed http://harpgamer.com...?showtopic=2335
- Chg:0000 GE If the player types in a custom speed, it will be maintained
when re-opening the dialog (for air groups, does not apply to
- Chg:B096 GE Once the player deletes a formation air patrol it will stay gone,
even if the returning aircraft is shot down before it
has a chance to land. (thanks Brad) http://harpgamer.com...a...&showbug=96
HCE - 2009.011
- Chg:0000 GE Started adding the code framework/templates to make maintaining
backwards compability with saves games possible. Players can
now load saves from 2007.000+ in the current GE.
- Chg:0000 GE Make sure Nuclear Release event sound stops playing when dialog
goes away. Also completed putting the nuclear release DLL
code in the game (it wouldn't have worked in 2009.010 if the
player was the Red side). (thanks Buddha)
HCE - 2009.010
- Chg:0000 GE Added a Nuclear Release event to the ExportDLL interface.