• PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:58 PM

Posted Image

File Name: SimPlot 2

File Submitter: kmart494

File Submitted: 26 Dec 2017

File Category: Application/Tools/Mods/Docs

SimPlot 2 (short for simple plotter) provides Harpoon4 paper rules players an opportunity to accurately track the location of units in a graphical environment.  Specially made background maps can be used to create a sense of location for the battle.  Additional unit graphics can be utilized to enhance game play such as range circles, ESM/Sonar bearing lines, limited unit perception and unit text tags.

Multi-player games are possible using a referee to control the movement of units, and to determine the outcome of detection and combat.  Player-oriented files are sent from the referee to the players so they can only see whichever enemy units the H4 detection rules (and the referee) allow.  Players can issue orders back to the referee via email, chat, etc.

This release is an Alpha version, so everything is not quite ready yet.  However, at this stage you can play single and multiplayer games using the existing functionality.  More stuff will be added later such as weapon arcs, Common Warfighting Symbology graphics, and player-created graphics/suspected enemy unit locations.

A readme file is included to get you started.

There are two version of SimPlot available: Windows and Mac OS X.

Please post comments and feedback in the H4 Paper Rules forum.

Click here to download this file

#2 Silent Hunter UK

Silent Hunter UK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:55 AM

Excellent to see this!

#3 kmart494

kmart494

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

A new version is ready in the download section.  I added player-data file support so anything a player in a multiplayer game adds to the screen (such as range circles and suspected unit locations) will be saved.  Some of the CWS symbols are now included.  I also fixed a few bugs.

#4 dylanjones

dylanjones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:05 AM

Can you give a step-by-step how you'd use it to run a multiplayer PBEM game?

#5 kmart494

kmart494

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:00 PM

Certainly.  I will create a pdf document and upload it to the downloads section.  Gimme a week.

#6 dylanjones

dylanjones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:51 AM

Cool, I'd like to try running a basic surface engagement if there are a couple of keen players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users