1 reply to this topic

#1 kmart494

kmart494

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:13 PM

Here are the Windows and OS X versions of SimPlot 2.  This is just an alpha test, but since I have no in-house staff, I am going to use you guys as the alpha testers.

This version only supports single player operations at this time.  I will have multiplayer up and running for the beta test.  At this point I just want some feedback on the look and feel of the display and supporting windows.  I am especially interested to know if the separate land and border maps are useful.  Honestly, it would be easier to just have one map with land and border, but I have seen some Navy displays that only had borders. 

Please be aware that some things are easy to break, as error-checking routines are not yet in (such as putting letters in place of numbers in text fields).

Maps for the scenarios must be in the "Maps" folder (there is only one right now).  Scenario files can use sub-folders under "Scenarios", if you like.  Please note none of the existing maps or scenarios for the original SimPlot program will work with SimPlot 2.

If you do play a scenario with SimPlot 2, then you will do well to save frequently.  Please use a file other than the original setup file.  Perhaps append the turn time to the file name to keep everything straight.  Also, the scenario file provided in the zip archive uses decimal points for fractions.  European players may have to convert them to commas with a text editor first.

So far everything works good on my MacBook Pro, Win7, and Win10 computers.  I hope your results will not vary.  :unsure:

Feel free to post your thoughts here or send me a PM.  Thank you guys for your time.

Kevin

Attached Files

#2 kmart494

kmart494

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:50 PM

ANNOUNCING THE SIMPLOT 2 SCENARIO PACK!

Well, that sounds more exciting than it really is.  <_<

Included in the Zip download are the first four scenarios from the H4 Quickstart booklet.  These scenario setup files can be easily modified from within SimPlot 2 in case you want different start positions or units.  Please note that some of the units are generic and you will have to choose what they represent before beginning play.

The download also includes the Persian Gulf map, plus a Poland map for use with the Northern Aggression scenario.

Just copy the Maps and Scenarios folders into the SimPlot 2 folder.  If you have a game in progress, then make a new folder for it and copy it back to the Scenarios folder.

When SimPlot 2 goes Beta, these scenarios and maps will be moved over to the Downloads section.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users