Toolbox 1.6

cdcool

I removed the most recent betas from the site since there was a significant bug that broke scenario compatibility. The next one to appear will be 2017.011. On the Toolbox "page" here on HarpGamer there are multiple versions (versions listed on right-hand side), pick around in there to find a version of Toolbox that will work with 2015.027.

From a quick glance, it looks like Toolbox 1.5.2 is the ticket for GE 2015.027.

I removed the most recent betas from the site since there was a significant bug that broke scenario compatibility. The next one to appear will be 2017.011. On the Toolbox "page" here on HarpGamer there are multiple versions (versions listed on right-hand side), pick around in there to find a version of Toolbox that will work with 2015.027.

So I should stay with 2015.027?

it seems to me that 2016.003 works quite well. I think that is still available in the "Latest File" download. but I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with 2015.027

As to the two available toolbox, both perform pretty much the same, the later version is altered for compatibility with internal changes to the Game Engine in the most recent, not now available, versions. I should remove it i guess untiil the newer GEs are back on line . . . ?

Selfishly Don, I'd say keep them up. Then they are available for me to test with my 2017.011 builds. I suppose I could compile them myself though if you are tagging the source code for each release .

Selfishly Don, I'd say keep them up. Then they are available for me to test with my 2017.011 builds. I suppose I could compile them myself though if you are tagging the source code for each release <g>.

That sounds a bit optimistic :(

I'll just quietly put the latest toolbox and lazgui-ext back up in the downloads and work on my svn technique.

I want to start utilising the selected unit and selected group pointers too, so maybe another update soon.

Also well overdue is to better finish the asw and aew patrols, and refine the airborne asw attack.

it seems to me that 2016.003 works quite well. I think that is still available in the "Latest File" download. but I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with 2015.027

As to the two available toolbox, both perform pretty much the same, the later version is altered for compatibility with internal changes to the Game Engine in the most recent, not now available, versions. I should remove it i guess untiil the newer GEs are back on line . . . ?

2016.003 doesn't work with Toolbox 1.6, I've been trying it, 1.5 works fine. Not finding units.

2016.003 doesn't work with Toolbox 1.6, I've been trying it, 1.5 works fine. Not finding units.

That's correct, there is currently no available game version with which toolbox 1.6 is compatible. toolbox 1.5 is the latest version operable with available games.

That's correct, there is currently no available game version with which toolbox 1.6 is compatible. toolbox 1.5 is the latest version operable with available games.

Strange but Cool! Thanks

the game engine programs you can download from this site are mostly developmental 'beta' programs that usually play well but aren't perfect requiring feedback and further development. The last few were proving very naughty and got taken away to the corner until they learn to behave :)

These programs provide unit information to external programs like toolbox in a different way to previous, toolbox 1.5.2 uses the old system, toolbox 1.6 uses the new and was produced before the new programs were (temporarily) removed.

I hope that explains why toolbox 1.6 is there but seems to be of no use (at the moment)

• Like 1