Please help test 2009.101

TonyE

Hi Guys,

I added a long-sought capability to 2009.098, the ability to rename units in the SE. It needs testing. To change a name, select the unit in the Unit window and press Ctrl U or go to the Misc menu and rename unit.

Please reply with your findings on the following test cases:

1. Change a ship name in a EC2003 scenario. Load the scenario in the GE and also in the SE. The custom name should be present in all instances.

2. Change a ship name in a EC2003 scenario. Load the scenario in the GE then save the game. Load the saved game, the custom name should still be present.

3. Change a submarine name in a EC2003 scenario. Load the scenario in the GE and also in the SE. The custom name should be present in all instances.

4. Change a submarine name in a EC2003 scenario. Load the scenario in the GE then save the game. Load the saved game, the custom name should still be present.

5. Change a airfield name in a EC2003 scenario. Load the scenario in the GE and also in the SE. The custom name should be present in all instances.

6. Change a airfield name in a EC2003 scenario. Load the scenario in the GE then save the game. Load the saved game, the custom name should still be present.

7. Change a ship name in a HDSI scenario. Load the scenario in the GE and also in the SE. The custom name should be present in all instances.

8. Change a ship name in a HDSI scenario. Load the scenario in the GE then save the game. Load the saved game, the custom name should still be present.

9. Change a submarine name in a HDSI scenario. Load the scenario in the GE and also in the SE. The custom name should be present in all instances.

10. Change a submarine name in a HDSI scenario. Load the scenario in the GE then save the game. Load the saved game, the custom name should still be present.

11. Change a airfield name in a HDSI scenario. Load the scenario in the GE and also in the SE. The custom name should be present in all instances.

12. Change a airfield name in a HDSI scenario. Load the scenario in the GE then save the game. Load the saved game, the custom name should still be present.

Thank you

Doing initial testing in EC2003. New placed installations (airports, as example), showing error in the initial placement, as example "Agra, India", is showed as ", India". Previously placed sites with the forme SE in the same scenario (I'm working in a file based in a scenario in edition progress), as "Delhi-Palam, India", apparently keep the complete and correct name "Name, Country".

Same with ship and sub names, in new additions to the scenario, the ship/sub class-name is presented, the individual ship/sub name not, neither in "Edit Group" window neither in "Formation Edition" window (More curious, of some 12 subs added, only the Ojiwba (1973) Onandaga is present with complete class-name and individual name! Doing more testing, adding more subs of the class and of the Ojiwba 1965 class, only the individual name Onandaga is presente, I suspect because it has 8 characters).

(I posted this to avoid loss the text, more in a while).

Tested again in 2009.97, no crashes. Bases and ports revert in 2009.97 to his original name, BUT 2009.98 renamed ship and subs keep the new names in the scenario!!! :D

(The idea to test with 2009.97 is, for me, going in design scenarios from now with renamed places, but only if it don't cause crashes with older build-ups, and I see it doesn't :D ).

Thank you Enrique! I'll take a look at the blank later today (so probably tomorrow for you). I figured you might like this feature after reading your orders files with renamed bases in them.