1. Allow greater number of items per Annex in the database. (its the DB guy in me)
2. Useable entire world map, including the ability to seamlessly move "across the back of the Earth". (its the scenario designer guy in me)
3. Make anti-submarine warfare (ASW) patrols capable of being customised, ie. MAD/sonobuoy patterns, variable loiter times, etc.
4. Increased complexity in the electronic warfare (EW) model, ie. adding EW/decoy capability to surface ships and mobile land units, up to including generational modeling (as per Harpoon paper rules).
5. Allow for damaged bases to be repaired (shamelessly borrowed from Smitty).
6. Allow for capture and use of enemy bases (again shamelessly borrowed from Smitty).
7. Allow one or more additional range bands in the formation editor and increase the maximum range in the formation editor from the current 255 nm (yeah, Smitty).
8. Allow the time of day for the scenario to start, to be set either at start up or in the scenario editor. It would also be nice to have some sort of progress bar to show the current day night situation (I thought of this first ).
9. Allow units to carry other units, i.e. LCACs in LSDs, Marines in LCACs (what Tony said). Including missiles that carry missiles or sub-projectiles, i.e. MIRVs; certain Russian anti-ship missiles (e.g. Klub) that have varying terminal attack speeds and profiles; torpedoes carried aboard air launched missiles (e.g. HAAWC).
10. Expanded weather model, including the ability to place "weather" during scenario editing.
11. Variable ready times, perhaps something as simple as increasing ready time per number of sorties.
12. Smarter SAM and AAA handling, ie. more player control.
13. Waypoint system for air missions.
14. Dynamic speed settings for aircraft.
15. Dynamic altitude, terrain and depth model (expanded depth model would permit ships to cozy up to the shore (where water depths permit), prohibit towed array sonar deployment in shallow water, etc).
16. Ability to retarget weapons that have the capability (eg. Tactical Tomahawk, Harpoon Block II, etc).
17. True UAV/USV/UUV modeling or a reasonable facsimile thereof.
19. Allow the Allocate/Deallocate button in the Attack pop-up window to be held down.
20. A way to mask the numbers of SAM and AAA present at any enemy base.
21. Ability to place flags or markers on the map to mark the last known location of lost contacts, perhaps with an information tag.
22. Capability for submarines to detect active sonar sonobuoys.
23. Aircraft signature (principally RCS) determined by loadout.
24. Armor penetration for 'Bombs', as is currently available for 'Missiles'.
25. Greater control over airborne gun systems, i.e. 'smarter' airborne guns.
26. Forced snorkeling for diesel subs, even in a simple fashion, e.g. must come to snorkel depth every X hours.
27. An air independent propulsion (AIP) flag that would create an exception to the forced snorkel, e.g. must come to snorkel depth every "3 times X" hours.
28. Enable use of the Staff Message in the Scenario Editor.
29. Chance of equipment breakdown for sensors and for weapons (i.e. missiles, torpedoes, etc).
30. Maximum or burst speed time limitations for ships and submarines, e.g. a ship can only travel at max speed for a certain period of time before it must slow to cruise (or slower) for another period of time.
31. Smarter AI submarine torpedo fire control, e.g. holding fire until target is very close (25-33 percent of max range?) and depending on target type or detection probabilities.
32. Greater player control over launched weapons where datalink or wire guidance permits (eg. Tactical Tomahawk, Mk 48 ADCAP, etc).
33. Detection of active emitters by their emitter type (eg. Flash Dance radar) rather than platform type (eg. MiG-31).
34. Better, smarter AI control of weapons allocation and release.
35. Better in-flight refueling/tanker modeling. Even if it is a kludge, maybe something like permitting up to 10 refueling rendezvous before the tanker is empty.