What I would like to see...
- Useable entire world map, including the ability to seemless move 'across the back of the Earth'.
- Allow units to carry other units, i.e. LCACs in LSDs, Marines in LCACs
- Make ASW LR Patrols more customizable, buoy patterns, MAD runs in a defined area, etc.
Increase the levels of zoom in the SE(Accomplished in build 2007.017 added 16x, 32x, 64x zoom) Allow greater number of items per annex in the database(Accomplished in build 2015.021, from 2047 to 4096 items per annex)
- (Smitty) Allow for damaged bases to be repaired.
- (Smitty) Allow for the capture and use of enemy bases.
- (Smitty) Allow refueling groups to be assigned to intercept the groups they will refuel and join up and refuel automatically. Note that refueling aircraft are often slower that the aircraft that will be re-fueled. Often they will start out, while the aircraft to be refueled are on the outgoing leg. The logic will have to allow them to deal with that fact in this situation. In other words they will never intercept until their target flight starts back.
- SE - Allow the scenario designer to specify courses for AI plane groups, for instance fast passes by reconnaissance planes, more capable multi-vector attacks, etc.
- (Smitty) Allow one or more additional range bands in the formation editor and increase the maximum range in the formation editor from the current 255 nm.
Allow the time of day for the scenario to start, to be set either at start up or in the scenario editor.(Accomplished in build 2015.008) It would also be nice to have some sort of progress bar to show the current day night situation.
- (SteveF2006) Have formation patrols pull from similar type of aircraft if designated type is exhausted. So if I had a 2 x F-14A patrol, the GE would happily send out 2 x F-14D on that patrol if no F-14A were available at launch time. http://www.matrixgam...m.asp?m=1621972
- Allow renaming of units in the SE with arbitrary names (for battlesets with Scenario File Format that permits it).
- When the AI decides to create an airstrike, make it smart enough to consider using the existing loadout of the planes if the loadout has a proper loadout type for the target. Currently it will reload with the preferred loadout type and waste the time.