Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

File Name: Senkaku
File Submitter: Clemens
File Submitted: 17 Apr 2012
File Category: WestPac
DB Used: HCDB-120405
Authors: Clemens
Battleset-WPac: .scq - WPac - WestPac

Just a small scenario based on the Senkaku Islands dispute. This is my first scenario after a several years without harpoon on my computer, so please offer any and all critiques on this as I hope to write several scenarios based on the Senkaku and Spratly Islands and Taiwan, (possibly involving NK and SK too)

The background is yet another confrontation by chinese fishing trawlers. Several had anchored just off of one of the islands. As expected a standoff ensued until the JCG attempted to board the chinese trawlers. Shots were fired and both sides claimed the other fired first. Injuries were light and the chinese vessels finally departed but the Chinese were enraged to the point of sending a battalion of PLA to occupy the islands and put an end to the dispute.

Japan has to defend the Senkaku Islands but is not willing to fire the first shot. Your mission is to prevent the PLA battalion from getting ashore by either remaining on station between the Chinese CSG and the Senkakus or damaging the CV thereby forcing the CSG to return to port.

Weapons are tight, fire on chinese forces only after demonstrated hostile intent by the Chinese forces.

Battleset is Westpac and the DB is HCDB-120405

Click here to download this file

#2 Clemens

Clemens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

Just a small scenario based on the Senkaku Islands dispute. This is my first scenario after a several years without harpoon on my computer, so please offer any and all critiques on this as I hope to write several scenarios based on the Senkaku and Spratly Islands and Taiwan, (possibly involving NK and SK too)

#3 CV32

CV32

Administrator

• Staff Pukes
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,341 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

[Merged the two threads as there is just one scenario]

Thanks for posting it, Clemens. I'll be sure to take it for a spin soon!

Just as I was thinking I should take a break from DB work and write a scenario or two, someone else steps up. :D

#4 donaldseadog

donaldseadog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

[Merged the two threads as there is just one scenario]

Thanks for posting it, Clemens. I'll be sure to take it for a spin soon!

Just as I was thinking I should take a break from DB work and write a scenario or two, someone else steps up. :D

Definitely worth a go, I finally got through to a win but with only a few hours to go - some nasty distractions slowed up my carrier group somewhat:)
Hope you get time for more like this Clemens, thanks,
Don

#5 broncepulido

broncepulido

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:49 AM

Played and enjoyed, thanks Clemens.
But I sunk the Shi Lang (and probably destroyed everything including the three chinese bases) and don't meet the victory conditions, probably lacking some time in station because my carrier group was slowed slighty by the subs.

#6 Clemens

Clemens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Played and enjoyed, thanks Clemens.
But I sunk the Shi Lang (and probably destroyed everything including the three chinese bases) and don't meet the victory conditions, probably lacking some time in station because my carrier group was slowed slighty by the subs.

Sinking the Shi Lang should have triggered the victory conditions, I'll check the victory conditions again. I set them for at least 50% damage to a CV as one condition for victory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users