Our current service costs are US $265 per year and we expect that to increase as our forum continues to grow and require more processing power and more sophisticated backup schemes. That number does not include reasonable renumeration for the labor to execute backups and site maintenance.
To that end we're wondering what you are willing to contribute besides your visits to the site and the posts that you make? We've crafted a few questions in the poll but are very interested in hearing suggestions and trying to answer any questions you have.
Services for which we have a desire and no funding:
- Graphic Design for the upgrade to newer forum software
- PHP/MySQL development
- Migrating Issue Tracking database & customization to newer forum software
- Developing new services based on the Downloads area (creating an XML feed for the HC Launcher, enabling seemless download of battlesets, databases, and scenarios)
- Developing new services based on the database requests (to enable a client application that shows the Harpoon database designer a more useable list of requests as well as change the status of requests)
- Developing new services to aid in HC gameplay information sharing such as scenario results, weapons expenditure lists, etc.
- Creation of a Facebook presence
- Creation of a Twitter presence
What I do know is that HarpGamer isn't going away anytime soon no matter the outcome of this discussion.