HCE and the "Ultimate Edition" - Versions?
Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:03 PM
Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:15 PM
To get from the standard 2009.044 to Ultimate a number of tidbits were scraped from newer builds per:
HCE - 2009.050 - 2010/05/08
- Chg:0000 GE Wrapping back in changes for HC Ultimate but we couldn't bring
forward true air to surface gunnery at this point due to code
- Chg:0000 PE Changed end_edit.bat support contact information to HarpGamer.
- Chg:0000 GE Allow aircraft to fire ASROC type weapons at submarines.
(thanks Brad & Brains)
- Chg:0000 GE When using formation editor from Group window, the masking of
the unit icons was going haywire (since oh, 2005 or so).
Finally tracked it down and fixed it, the masking should
now work (i.e. no black or white unit/group icon backgrounds
in all situations. (thanks DonG, and many others over years)
- Chg:B141 GE Unit detail display would crash if aircraft's home unit was
destroyed. Fixed (thanks Don Thomas)
You can see from the snippets above that not much past 2009.044 was included in Ultimate.
So you can stroll through the release notes after 2009.045 to get an idea of where the current beta is at:
http://harpgamer.com...s...ost&p=17063 (you'll note a few items incorporated into Ultimate)
What I take away from it is that the current beta 2010.011 goes way beyond Ultimate both under the hood and visibly (with the four group windows and function key hints on the main button bar).
Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:30 PM
Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:50 PM
Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:19 PM
I'm eligible for the $25 discount on the Ultimate Edition due to having HCE and I was wondering what peoples opinion is of the Ultimate Edition pack? Good value or not needed? I would like to give H3 ANW a try as well, I used to have Harpoon 3 although didnt really get on with it, but HCE is brilliant on my netbook!
- The digital military art does nothing for me so I don't care about that.
- The old versions of HC are neat for me to tread back in history but when I play it is always the current version.
- Ditto for H3/ANW
- HC has some significant changes coming down the line (see the beta area here at Harpgamer). It won't be anytime soon but when they appear it should be worth the money.
Overall for me that means the only reason I personally would shell out the money if I already owned the games is to get the future patches. If I only owned HCE then imho it is worth the money as well to get the H3/ANW series as well as the updates.
Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:29 AM
Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:27 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users